Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's about time










The last race in the NEO Power series was a time trial at Reagan park. It's a fun format, being only about 9 miles long, it adds a new dimension to the need for speed. The Reagan trail is the most twisty course I know of in Ohio. In other words, it was custom built for a guy like me. I don't like the big, open trails because they are quite frankly boring. That's what cyclo-cross is for anyways.
I signed up early and was the first off the line with 20 second intervals. This was nice because I didn't have to worry about any other riders to get in my way. On the other hand, it's nice to have someone to chase. Also, since I was the first rider in the woods I almost ran over three sets of hikers and a dog.
One of the Spisak boys was behind me and I held him off so I never got passed, I ended up first to secure my first win of the season. I was pretty stoked about that, but I keep thinking about that flat tire at the last race costing me a series overall win. I guess that just means I will have to return in 2010 to accomplish what I had set out to do this year. Jeff Cochran was only 11 seconds behind. I knew he was the guy to beat in my class after viewing his results from the last two years.
My prediction was right, and 26 inch wheels ruled the day, taking almost all the top spots. Dave Walker as always, won his class, but only by 1 second over Steve Twining!. I can't imagine Steve didn't beat himself up all night about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net