Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mount that thing!















Ok, so I realize I missed more than a decade of racing after 1997. When I left the sport, Camelbaks were not only the height of mtb fashion, but were deemed downright necessary, especially in hot climates.
I used to line up at an expert race and everyone had some type of hydration system on their backs. Now when I line up I am the ONLY one as far as I can see. When exactly did this change? And what for? The only thing I can figure is that people like to emulate the pros. And pros have pit crews handing up bottles and sponsors that don't want their precious names on the jersey covered up.
With the camelbak I can drink on any part of the course I want to. Some courses, like the Knob, offer very few good places to pull out a bottle.
And I even go against all good decorum and use mine road riding sometimes too. A moral and ethical blunder I'm sure. But keeping in the good graces of the roadies has never been on my agenda, on the contrary.
So if you can think a good reason I should'nt wear a camelbak, please let me know. Otherwise I will just keep on looking like a dufus on my own.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 18 August, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink several full glasses of water before you start out riding....will be good for thirty to forty miles on the road.

 
At Wednesday, 26 August, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Beat these rants...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net