Friday, September 18, 2009

Long live the King! (26inches baby)

Well this is what I get for trusting a French tire I suppose(Michelin). The cut was 1/4inch long, and if you read the back of Stan's sealant, it claims to fill gaps up to that size. So technically I lost the race by 1/4", making it one for the record books. Take that Steve Bauer.
















I am however, getting this Fox fork dialed in, using all 4 inches of travel now. If you are like I used to be, and putting too much pressure in because you think its faster, you are missing out. You might as well take your fork off and go rigid.











We had a good week off road. Knob race Saturday, Quail Hollow Sunday with the family, Findlay on Monday with the wife, and Reagan on Thursday.

Gillian rockin' the fourty-sixer.







Reagan was a reconnaissance ride for the TT this Sunday. The course is bone dry. While at the park I switched bikes with Feeman for a short loop. He's got a 29r and I had never really ridden one off road. The big wheels had astounding smoothness, and I can see how they would be very nice on open courses. But Reagan is not open at all, quite to the contrary.
In the tight trails it felt like I was trying to parallel park a limo in New York City. The front end just pushed to the outside of every turn and I had to manually raise up the front end and place it back in line with the trail. Now I realize that one ride doesn't do justice for a bike, but that kind of slow turning does not suit my style of riding at all. Velo News says the 26 hardtail is dead, apparently they haven't ridden any real tight singletrack. I may have a big wheel bike in my stable someday, but it will have to suit the course of the day before I ride it.
Choose your weapon wisely.







Of course he's running, he flatted on the last lap! If I see him in the woods this Sunday I'm gonna put some tire tracks right down his back. Get some Jenny Craig in your life you piece of lard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net