Monday, September 14, 2009

Rubbin' is racin.' And so is flats I suppose.


























I went into the last Vultures Knob race with a five point lead on Lorson for the overall. So all I really had to do was beat him at this race and the series was mine. I knew he was in good form so I figured I would just take off like an crazed idiot and see how long I could hold it.
I got the holeshot and Walker was right with me. We went 1-2 into the woods and I tried to stay with him but that lasted less than a mile. That boy goes as fast uphill as most people go down.
I settled into my pace and was running back and forth with Chip Meek. We were 2nd and 3rd for the overall and I was leading the Vet/Expert class. He finally got away and one of the Spisak brothers also passed by me.
I got a few splits on Lorson's position and I was told he was about 1:20 back as I was into my last lap. The legs felt good and I was figured I just had to maintain the pace for the win. I came out of the snake and and met up with some of the worst luck I have had racing. I cut my back tire and it went flat in about 50 yards.
I used the Geax latex inflator but the hole was too big. My race was over. Lorson came by and that was that. I let out one explitive but really didn't get too mad. I calmly walked back to the car and got my Chiplotle burrito and EAS drink. 311 Promotions really does put on a nice race package.
I stayed for the awards and had quite a change of fortune. Groovy Cycles had a raffle for a frameset and they pulled my name out of the hat. "You got to be shitting me," was all I could say. Rody confimred it, he really did call my name.

2 Comments:

At Monday, 14 September, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at your middle pic on this post. There's a kid in a white t-shirt hiding in the weeds laughing - I bet you anything he was the culprit that threw a big chunk of glass on the trail. I think I saw Lorson giving him a bunch of candy before the race too. I was wondering what that was all about...
Congrats on the drawing - a frameset beats a bunch of burritos anyday!
Great season for both you and John.

Belmont

 
At Tuesday, 15 September, 2009, Blogger Chris said...

Dude. That is such a freakin' incredible change of fortune. I'm sure you can put a Groove frame to good use...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net