Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Winter projects

Well I'm finally getting around to making the Norco a little lighter. It was 27 lbs. the last time I raced it. Of course I was pretty heavy too at that time.








The first thing to go is these Hellbent bars. The 4mm wall thickness and 350 gram weight are both quite uneccessary.
















Ahh, now here we go. A great exchange rate against the British Pound made these a real steal. Light, strong, and better yet...Campy quality. These are UST only with nary a spoke hole to be found. The freehub feels like only Campy can and the bearing smoothness is remarkable. The last upgrade was a Crank Bros 65 gram headset and the bike is suddenly 3 1/2 lbs. lighter. I am also sporting a lighter weight mid section with 4 lbs of fat missing. This cold weather riding is good for fat burning. That combined with the spinach sandwiches I take to work makes for a good combo. I don't foresee myself ever hitting the 128 lb. mark again, but I will try for 130.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net