Sunday, January 04, 2009

Don't try this at home.

Well I have been off work for nearly two weeks so it was time to get around to some of those bike projects I have been ignoring. First one was to put a shorter stoker stem on the old Burley. I have an old road stem laying around but no shim to make it work. I needed to convert 28.6 to 26.6, a shim size that just isn't made.



















Ahh, here we go, MBL can to the rescue!
















With some precision cutting I think this just might work.














Three cans later and this is all I have to show for my efforts. Well, that and a slight buzz.













Fortunately Roger had some shims that worked out when combined. The Burley is fixed and clean now. It got pretty dirty at the Medina New Year's ride. I had put the studs on anticipating some snow and ice. Unfortunately Medina County has a pretty large salt budget so the roads were much clearer than our own. The weight penalty of these tires is substaintial and we got blown off the back by the road bike crowd. At least that's the excuse I'm using at this time.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, 04 January, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing i sold you some stella!!! you could always shove the neck down the top tube!

 
At Sunday, 04 January, 2009, Blogger Experthasbeen said...

How about I just shove the Stella down my neck!

 
At Sunday, 04 January, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes and my rollers are equiped with the rest!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net