Monday, August 22, 2011

Groovy Evolution

Seems like only yesterday....

















Last week was was fun and brutal. The weather has been much better so I rode Reagan, Quail Hollow, Mohican, and then West Branch. This gave me a great chance to test out the Xfusion Velvet 650B. The fork sits slightly lower than my fox, making the headtube angle 73+ degrees! I honestly don't know why major bike brands use such slack angles, this bike rocks the tight stuff. It cornered fast before but now it's on steroids. It's laterally stiffer than the Fox also.
At Mohican the Chief and I were taking the downhill switchbacks like complete fools. He's finally got a bike built up and claims he will be at Manitoc. Oh well, better to lose to the Chief than some stranger I suppose.















Wang:Hey Spock, check out my new fork. It steers really tight.

Spock:Sir, your head tube angles are illogical, you will certainly crash.

Wang:What do Vulcans know about mtb geometry, I won Findlay didn't I?

Spock:I prefer the Fisher G2 geometry.

Wang:I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net