Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer update

Well not much has been happening on the racing scene for me lately. I skipped the Reagan Park TT in favor of a family vacation. I hated to skip that race, however the logistics of getting the family to GOBA the same day was just more than I wanted to deal with. GOBA itself was the usual sufferfest. 20 hours that week of family fun beating our heads against windswept roads the entire week. The wind was so perfectly arranged as to give us a head or crosswind the entire week, sweet.

On a more fun note, I just got back from Vermont where we visited family and savored the perfect singletrack known as The Kingdom trails. There are about 100 miles of listed trail there, I didn't ride it all but hit some seriously fun stuff. The soil is sand based and very flowing. This purpose built singletrack is twisty and rooty in places. I also hooked up with former Ohio resident Sheldon Miller (David Millar's long lost cousin). He is now a local to these parts, where he can put his climbing prowess to good use. We had a great ride on Friday, it's nice to have a local show you around. If Vermont wasn't so freaking cold in the winter I would move there eventually. If you ever get up there this place is a must ride. I did some road rides in the mountains as well. The dirt roads are desolate, with intersections not even having stop signs in either direction.

This Saturday is the VK double down enduro race. Which means 6 laps on my favorite course. Given my performances so far this year I don't have high hopes, but I have surprised myself in the past so you never know. Well speaking of racing, I better go get my bike ready with new application of duct tape on the fork.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net