Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hi-Lo, Hi-Lo, It's off to suffer I go

I met the Chief at his house this morning for a ride feeling pretty fired up and I wanted to do some Hi-Lo's with him. I have been sworn to secrecy and can't tell you exactly what a Hi-Lo is, however, I can assure you that it's the most suffering that I have ever experienced on a bike, ever. The HI-Lo concept came to the Chief in one of his peyote induced hallucinations back when he was searching for the ultimate interval training. He explained his vision to the local shaman, and after some more peace pipe smoking, the Hi-Lo was born.

Well as it turned out, the Chief was pretty knackered from his previous rides this week, so I figured the Hi-Lo's would have to wait for another day. We were set to cruise into the valley but as we got ready to descend a storm cell popped up looking very ominous. We turned around right away and beat feet back east. There is nothing like trying to run from a looming storm to get you moving. We were trading hard pulls, albeit mine were only 1/2 as long as his. My lungs were on fire and I felt things rapidly moving around in my intestines, this is always a sure sign that I am on the brink of disaster.

Somehow we did manage to outrun the storm, and not a second too soon, as I was ready to implode. Great ride all in all, that's the kind of training that you just can't get riding off road.









Chief's house.
















A big snapper we saw at the start of the ride. The Chief got him worked up into an attack mode rather quickly.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 18 May, 2011, Anonymous mathys said...

i know hi lo's are . but do you remember pole on pole offs ?

 
At Thursday, 19 May, 2011, Blogger Experthasbeen said...

Oh yes, its been a long while since I've done either one thank goodness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net