Monday, August 08, 2011

Thorn TT...unfair advantage









Stop #3 of the NEO Powerseries was at Findlay state park with a one lap time trial around the twisty Thorn trail. Despite the recent rain the course was pretty dry and I knew if there was ever a day I could perform well this was it. The trail is a handlers course and my Groovy gave a me a serious advantage. The 650B wheels and tight geometry allowed me to really nail the turns like there was no tomorrow. I was skimming trees with my shoulders so I knew I was at full speed.
Only by the grace of God did I not crash and I nearly vomited with 200 yards to go. I ended up with a 39:39, a mere 14 seconds in front of Ross Clark, and just behind him was Jeff Cochran and Tom Franek all within less 30 seconds.
This was a much needed win and a serious confidence boost to an otherwise lackluster season. Steve Twining took the win in his class with a reported new course record making it a very nice weekend for Groovy Cycles. That boy rides like a freak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net