Monday, March 23, 2009

Play time

Ready for the maiden voyage. Too bad it was 26 degrees this morning, I know it's only March but this freeze/thaw stuff is hard on the trails. The Knob was greasy when I started but got pretty nice a few laps into it. Another 4+ hour ride in the bank and maybe another one tomorrow.

















Today I decided to ride the new toys at the Knob. Not too tough, but it's way faster to take the longer loop around.








Now the scoop on the Zaskar: As with any new bike it takes some hours to get used to. After a couple of laps it was feeling like a well worn glove. The carbon absorbs shock so much better than aluminum, and the rear end stayed planted to the ground very well indeed. The BB area is plenty stiff and the geometry is race tuned. It's plenty light, although I have not weighed it yet I would guess it at around 22lbs. with the Fulcrum wheels on it. It came with Mavic wheels but I haven't had time to set them up as tubeless yet. I went all last year without a flat and vowed never to run tubes again. Thanks to Wes for giving me hell about tubes last year when I flated in 11 degree temps and made everyone freeze at Loudonville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net