Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Monumental Beat Down

Is it possible to OD on too much spinach? I intend to find out.





























Got a glimpse of the sun today, seems as if all the snow has melted as well. I have to ride early so it's pretty cold when I start, but then I'm roasting when I get home.
I do wonder how much more abuse this bike can take. For that matter I wonder how much longer my legs will hold out. I'm riding on auto pilot, the legs keep turning over but there is no snap in them at all. I plan on taking a real break soon so I can take full advantage of my efforts and absorb this block of training. I have been riding at the limit of what my body can take in right now.
I can fully appreciate why a pro can't have a real job on top of training. After hard rides my body just wants to shut down for a the rest of the day. Sometimes it seems that no amount of food or drink satisfies my cravings.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 17 March, 2010, Blogger Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

Are you hitting up the knob this weekend? I am planning on Sunday trail day then riding a two laps or so afterward. Do you know how wet/dry the trails are? Thanks, Robert.

 
At Thursday, 18 March, 2010, Blogger Experthasbeen said...

I have not been to the Knob since the last maintenance day they had back in December. I really have no idea what to expect. This week of sun could possibly have her in decent condition by Sunday.....(fingers crossed).
I can't attend the trail day since I will be away at a swim meet.
Have fun!

 
At Thursday, 18 March, 2010, Blogger Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

Thanks, I will try to edit the course to make it less single speed friendly (I know we both want that) since i am running 1x10 this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net