Monday, January 25, 2010

Bigger Wheels Here I Come!


I'm getting stoked about the 2010 season already. I've been putting in the hours and hopefully laying the foundation for a good year. The Groovy frame should be taking shape soon and I will officially be riding for Groovy Cycleworks this year.

Again, many thanks to GT for a great 2009. I appreciate everything they did for me and hope that they got some good exposure from my efforts on and off the bike. I had a lot of fun racing on the Zaskar because that bike is a rocket.

Rody has me fitted for the new Groovy frame and it should be in the works soon since he is taking it to NAHBS. Rody is the kind of builder that seems to know that the little details make a big difference. I haven't had a custom steel frame built for me since the Paisley in 1986.(A frame that I still have!) It will have 650B's on it which I can see eventually taking over the 26" for many applications. Yes, you heard me correctly...and I haven't been drinking.

My biggest reservation about bigger wheels is the handling in the tight stuff. I live for tight, twisty turns and have to have a quick steering bike. Rody assured me that this would not be a problem and is setting the angles accordingly. Now if I could only figure out what colors use. His paint jobs are so fantastic I feel the need to exploit those talents.

As an added bonus I will be off on weekends this whole summer so race dates won't require vacation time like they did last year. Afternoon shift isn't my favorite but it does lend itself to good training hours. As always I will be coaching myself and I feel pretty good about that. Over the years I have developed the ability to sense the subtle changes in my body that let me know what I need. Plus I can't afford coaching so it's a perfect fit!

1 Comments:

At Monday, 25 January, 2010, Blogger RonSmedley said...

http://blogs.ohioswallow.com/gaus/

I came across this Amish journal. I've read a few of his books too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net