Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Good Stuff!




The New Year was started off right with the traditional Medina ride. It was bitter cold, windy, and the roads were wet and salty. Perfect. The riding was good, but the real treat was seeing Al Marconson there. He is as fit as ever and I was wearing 2 wool jersies that he had made back in the late 80's under the Good Stuff clothing label.
We were both riding mtb's and quickly found ourselves off the front with a Summit guy on a road bike. Sharing pulls with Al was a delight as I rode down memory lane. I let him know that his Woodsfield stage race is still the most brutal race I have ever done. AL doesn't say much but he seemed amused upon hearing this.














The devil may have went down to Georgia, but he once lived here. I can feel my legs burning now. The Woodsfeild stage race featured four stages over 2 days. A team time trial, 2 brutal road races with some gravel roads, and a 30 mph average criterium with time bonuses on every lap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net