Monday, February 01, 2010

Fail to the Chief?

Finally, I got the Chief out on the road. He had not ridden in about 3 months so me and The Brat rode over to his house and took him out in the cold. He was a little feisty at first but that did not last long. His legs quickly faltered and I knew he was in trouble when I turned around and saw Chief holding onto Brat's rack to get himself pulled up a slight grade.
This was a moment to savor, but as much as we enjoyed it now, we both know that this day will come back to haunt us in the future. This was a beating that he won't soon forget, and I'm pretty sure he grumbled something about vengeance down the road. Hopefully this was the pivotal moment that will light a fire under his butt and set the stage for his 2010 season. Only time will tell.



































Eating Crow:I did not ride indoors all last winter and vowed to do the same this year. However certain circumstances(not the weather) forced me to either ride the trainer for 3 days last week or not ride at all. It took me 15 minutes just to find the the stupid thing, then I had to dig out my favorite shirt to complete the ensemble.















The real lifesaver this winter has been these little heat packs. I can't believe I have suffered needlessly for years without these things. Most of my rides are 3+ hours these days and they have saved my toes more than once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net