Monday, June 08, 2009

Fourty Sixer!

Patent Pending: The new rage in kids bikes. My daughter wanted to ride the Knob so I had to make some significant changes to her current 24" mtb. Mainly I need to drop about 10 lbs. from it by removing the P.O.S. front shock. I had an idea to install a 26" Kinesis aluminum fork and put a decent front wheel on it too. The old 24" shock had the same stack height as this non-suspension corrected 26". It was a perfect match, and when paired with some xt v-brakes it is much, much lighter. It kinda looks Frankenstienish, but it works well.









































I've been eating my fair share of cheese these days.












Just what I didn't need, one more bike in the house! Yes, I realize I have an addiction, but they say recognizing the problem is the first step to recovery. This is also the first 10 speed set up I have ever owned. Seems like only yesterday I was on 6 speed downtube shifters.
GT does a really nice job on the welds.






This is the bike that has been getting to most use recently. Doesn't it look sweet parked beside the wagon?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 09 June, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know when you go with her - for once I might be able to keep up. Very doubtful but...
Belmont

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net