Monday, May 25, 2009

Vultures Knob #2


Photo Credit:Rudy Sroka














The second Knob race went well. Another 2nd place is not bad but I still want a win. Travis Saeler raced in my class and just destroyed the field. Why that guy just doesn't race with the Pro's I will never know. I am tied for the series lead now with John Lorson as he was third this race. It should get interesting from here on. John and I are very similar in that we will both turn ourselves inside out to win.

My legs finally had the reserve to go the distance without cramping despite the warm weather. I rode right behind Pendleberry and some other single speed guy the first lap. They eventually attacked on a climb and I just let them go for a couple reasons.
1. They are not in my class.
2. They are stronger than me.
3. They both go too slow in the single track. They would drop me on the climbs and I would catch back up in the tight stuff. I am better off riding my own pace.
If that kid ever figures out how to handle that bike he's gonna be a rocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net