Monday, April 06, 2009

Glad that's over

Well this week was tiring. After that cheese ride on Tuesday I figured it was time to do some speed work. I showed up for my first Wednesday Night Worlds club ride with the Orrville group with the intent to further bury myself into the ground. The legs felt like bricks when I started but I figured that they would loosen up after about an hour of riding. Well that didn't exactly happen. I put in a couple hard efforts and went off the front on a climb or two with Wes(That dude is riding like a beast). But right as we turned out of the headwind I got that little twinge in the hamstring that always lets me know that my day is about over. I cramped up horribly on Moreland hill and lost the front group. The strange thing was that my legs didn't really hurt that bad, they just locked up, which tells me that I grossly underestimated my caloric needs from the day before. I felt like Landis on stage 16, but the only difference was I never made a 'too good to be true' comeback the next day.





Sunday was a nice day and we took the tandem out for a couple hours of hills. Yes, you are correct, that is Feeman that is slowly trudging up that climb of SR 94. He will tell you he dropped his chain but I don't know about that.













Here is a rare delicacy. Benotto handelbar tape. Roger had two sets left at the shop so I snagged them up post haste. German flag colors to boot! If you have never seen this stuff then you have missed out more than you will ever know.

5 Comments:

At Monday, 06 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes the first wed night ride of tourture was well worth it even tho i only made it 22 min with the a's... then watched as they flew by again...sunday was a nice day for a drive to great wolf lodge and a swimm...oh well!

 
At Wednesday, 08 April, 2009, Blogger wmathys said...

yeah that benotto looks really cool but wait till it starts raining . too bad rodge didnt have swiss colors ..

 
At Wednesday, 08 April, 2009, Blogger wmathys said...

oh yeah tell jill i said hi

 
At Wednesday, 08 April, 2009, Blogger Experthasbeen said...

Is that 'Big' Bill Mathys?

 
At Thursday, 09 April, 2009, Blogger wmathys said...

10-4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net