Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Painful training










I rode 6 hours at the knob over the last two days and the trail is perfectly dry. Unfortunately I still managed to get totally wet. In case you were wondering just how deep the Gold Fish Bowl is I have first hand knowledge. If you slip off the log and go in head first you can totally submerge your body.
Lesson of the day: Always keep your cell phone in a plastic bag.












Sorry, I couldn't take my own photo that day, but I found this one on line for those of you who have never seen the "bowl". There's something very special about the smell of stagnant swamp water.


On a brighter note, Feeman is enjoying 'new bike syndrome' with his new 29r. Apparently it's just what he needed, since he cut 25 minutes off of his previous lap time. Now I'm trying to convince him to race in May.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 29 April, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any crocodiles in that swamp water?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net