Thursday, August 01, 2013

Getting my butt kicked by the T-STORM


Someday  this pain I feel will be useful to me, I hope.
Yes it has been a long time time the last update, let's see if I can remember anything I have done.

Oh yeah I did the state mtb race at Chestnut. I was fit and fresh for it and had good hopes of doing well. The 40+ had the largest expert class too, which seems to be a trend I think now. Soupcan took off like a raped ape and was never seen again, with Franek taking 2nd. I have all but given up hope of ever staying with these two again so I set my sights on 3rd but even that was spoiled by Pirasek who is really on form this year. The only saving grace was that I held off a hard last lap charge from Lorson to hold onto 4th.

A few weeks later it was time for the dreaded double down at the Knob. Six laps of shear delight further accentuated by the last minute inclusion of the Over Under section. Mix that with looming rain, which hit on lap five and you have yourself a Rodney King style beating that will haunt you for days. At least Soupcan spared us his wrath this time and went on vacation instead. I managed 3rd here, which for me was a best case scenario in a race this length.

Two weeks later it was time for Raystown vacation. The best time of the year for me. We were there the week Ohio had torrential rain and flooding. It did rain there some too, however that place can take the rain better than anything in Ohio.  I got about 110 miles of trail in those 4 days of riding and had a great time. A local guy told me about an unknown trail with a 30% climb that was nearly a mile long. I'm pretty sure I saw Steve Austin fighting Sasquatch at the top in my delirious state of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net