Friday, August 24, 2012

Your'e so vain, you probably think this post is about you.

I always knew that the truth would prevail, I just didn't expect it so fast. When I first heard the news I could hardly comprehend it, Lance actually threw in the towel. I can't blame him, the mountains of testimony he would have faced if this went to trial would have been really embarrassing and damning to him I'm sure. Just imagine him having to listen to big George spill his guts under oath, those boys were tight and have endured a lot together. But I always felt George had a conscious, and could never really figure out how he tolerated Lance's bullshit all those years. Well at least George has come clean and his mind can be clear now. I don't think Lance will ever admit to his wrongdoings. He is obviously very strong willed with a HUGE ego. This is probably the real tradegey of all this, without a confession he will never be able to look in the mirror and see a man of character. All the legions of Lance chronies will stand by him of course, just like Tammy Wynette's famous song; "stand by your man." Nike has already chosen to stand by him, for which I vow never to buy any nike logo crap ever again. Trek is still on the fence, so only time will tell. Can you imagine the absolute turmoil going on at their PR department right now? They probably have the most to lose in all this but if they want me to buy any of their brands ever again they better do the right thing this time. Hopefully they will feel the pain and regret of not listening to Lemond years ago when he told them Lance was dirty. Ok, by now I'm sure many people are crying out, "This only hurts the sport of cycling." To which I say, "This is the best thing that has happened to cycling in the last several decades!" Now, for the first time in years, you can look a new rider in the eye and say, "Yes, you can win clean, and if you try to cheat you will get caught eventually." This is a great day for all future champions. You no longer have to inject needles into your body, you don't have to lie all the time to your family and friends, you don't have to worry about a piss test, and you don't have to feel guilty about your performances. I will mark this on my calendar as the day that bicycle racing made a comeback to what it should have been all along: A sport a pure strength, tactics, and beauty. Send your hate mail now...you know I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net