Monday, May 14, 2012

It was a classic TOSRV this weekend with surprisingly nice weather on Saturday followed by complete rain on Sunday. So much rain that I actually poured water out of my frame and rims. I can't really say I enjoy long road rides on mostly flat roads but we had the triplet out with Zac as the second stoker, which added a bit of horsepower. Feeman did well drafting on the way down but on Sunday I think he was feeling the effects of too much Oatmeal Stout and smoked meat from the Scioto Ribber. (Maybe don't chug the pitcher next time eh?) The high point of the ride was Saturday in the hill section. We were cooking down a hill and started up the other side when a car had slowed for two other cyclists on the climb. We had a full head of steam and I pulled an extremely cheeky(and dangerous) move. I cut inside the car and then had to swerve the 'Mongo' of a bike we were on back to the left so as not to rear end the other cyclists. We crested the hill at about 25 all felt much lighter since we dropped intestinal weight from that incident.

2 Comments:

At Monday, 14 May, 2012, Anonymous w mathys said...

I had a front row seat watching Feeman coming unravelled after Chillicothe . Just when things were starting to get wound up and our legs were getting warmed up I hear "I'm Out !!!" and he pulled over . If you plan on making him puke next year he's going to have to switch to Old Milwaukee and eat the large steak at the Ribber .

 
At Wednesday, 16 May, 2012, Blogger Experthasbeen said...

I couldn't hear anything at the front of that bike, but I faintly heard his legs exploding. I remember Clyde Steiner used to yell " I'm out" when he was ready to die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net