Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Warning! The Knob is Not Safe!

It was an action packed weekend by all accounts. The plan was to stuff as much singletrack into 3 days as possible, but Friday's ride almost ended in disaster.

There I was riding down the rocky shoot of the Over-Under, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I was instantly blinded by what felt like a mild form of mace in my eyes, nose, and mouth. Somehow I skidded to the bottom still upright, dazed, confused, and unable to see much at all. Still unaware of what had happened, I assumed the worst, yes that's right...an attack from the fabled KnobSquatch.
I figured this was some sort of debilitating venom he was shooting into my eyes as a pre-emptive strike, preparing my carcass for a tasty meal. However, once I wiped my eyes clean I could see that the lockout knob on my fork had come loose. And with each contraction of the fork legs hydraulic oil was shooting me in the face.


































Not wanting my weekend of riding to be spoiled, I turned to the classic Lorson standby, duct tape. With the fork refilled with fluid and the lockout knob secured, the rest of the weekend was productive. 10 total laps at the Knob and 2 at West Branch for the three days of riding. Now it's time for rest, there is nothing more I can do at this point to make myself faster for this weekend.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net