Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just what I needed

It all started out so innocently, like it always does. A 7:30am departure time for a mid length ride. But when you make plans to ride with the Chief things tend to get out of hand rather quickly. So 50 miles of hills later we find ourselves in New Bedford at the general store sucking down sweet tea and pop tarts. I was still feeling good at this point as I had taken the Walnut Creek and the Coshocton County signs on the way down. Yes, of course Chief took Apple Creek and Trail(50+mph sprint!).
On the way back north I was still feeling pretty good until about the 5 hour mark. That's when it got real ugly for me. Chief seemed to be fine and was pulling in the big ring for what seemed to be miles and miles. My stomach got queasy as I tried in desperation to get some fuel in the tank to keep the pending cramps at bay. I felt the pain I have inflicted on both Belmont and Feeman in seasons past. This is what I have been needing and longing for....a damn good beating. Once we got back to Apple Creek I was in survival mode and crawled home for some good fetal position recovery.

Of course my day was not over, as I had promised to take the wife to Vultures Knob that evening. Fortunately we only rode a little over an hour there. The kids went along and they both wanted to ride the Cradle. Sydney rode it 3 times but I wouldn't let Gillian ride it. She was mad but she doesn't pay the insurance premiums either.


















































Here we see a composite photo of the Chief laying the smack down on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net