Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well boys, break time's over.















All of my winter training and suffering in the bitter conditions finally paid off. No I'm not talking about a race...that stuff is much easier. This was my family vacation on GOBA, and this year is was in southeastern Ohio, chock full of long, steep climbs on the heaviest bike on the ride. I knew the climbing would be tough but I was in for a real shock after about day 3.
Never in my life have I ever had the fear that I would not make it up a climb. Not only did I have that feeling, but it occurred almost every day that week. I did find a new all time low speed... 3.8 mph without falling over. The hills were so long and steep that I fried the rear disc pads out on day four.
My legs are now burnt to a crisp after 18 plus hours on this torture machine. However I did get to eat a lot. I ate so much that I gained 3 lbs despite all the hard riding. Now that's what a vacation is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net