Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Reagan Park Time Trial













The photo says it all. Stop #4 of the NEO Power Series brought me yet another 2nd place. An overall points win is now totally out of reach, with Cochran too far ahead for anyone to touch. There is still one race left at Vultures Knob, which is the finale for the NEO and the Groovy Series. It should be a fun race and I can't wait to see what they have planned for the post race festivities. Not to mention one lucky racer will win a Groovy frame. I'm pretty sure you have to be present to win so don't miss this one.

I have a comfortable lead in the Groovy series, as does Twining. And Pendlebury has a firm grip on the NEO overall. Not a bad season for the Groovy Cycles team.
A BIG thanks to Rody for all the support he has given us this season. He has spent countless, sleepless hours in his shop keeping our bikes rolling. Anything you need from a frame built up at 3:00am to stitches in Jeff's skin, Rody never says no to anyone. I'm kinda surprised his wife hasn't killed him yet actually.

I think it goes without saying that 331 Promotions has the best races around. I don't say that lightly either, since I started racing in 1984 I have seen plenty of promoters come and go. And it also seems that northeast Ohio has the best competition too. Everyone in my class has really stepped up the speed this year and there have been some really epic battles waged. If you only do the OMBC stuff you are really missing out on all the fun. The post race atmosphere reminds me of the way it was when mtb racing first started around here. 331 races exist for the riders to benefit, so come check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net