Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grassa
















Well I finally took a break from riding, six days to be exact. It was much needed and I feel alot better now. We went to Boston to visit family and see the big city. It's not exactly a bike friendly town but there is plenty of good food to be had. Yes, I am officially on the fat list now and I came back at 139. Last year at this time I was only 134. The funny thing is I am alot faster this year despite the extra weight. Go figure.
So, in an attempt to drop some pounds I hit the Knob the first day back and then road at Mohican the next three days. I switched the Norco over to a 1x9 and it felt great other than dropping the chain 6 times in one ride at Mohican. So much for that idea. I still managed to turn a 2:08 lap there which is about 12 minutes faster than last year. I guess I'll just stay fat.

6 Comments:

At Friday, 22 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wang YMCA of Chinatown - now that's funny. Now I know where you get your height!
If you are on the fat list, I'd hate to see what list I'm on - "the morbidly obese" list??? Riding once a week just doesn't cut it. Oh well, while in Boulder the month of October I am hiding my car keys and am going to try to live with just my bike. Maybe I won't be so fat by the end of the month...
Later -
Belmont

 
At Sunday, 24 August, 2008, Blogger Triton said...

Wang:

How do you measure your "lap". I did a 2:26 from my car and back (~25+ miles) so I just wanted to measure my lap to your smoking lap.

-Fenster

 
At Sunday, 24 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started and finished right at the trail head entrance sign.
It also helps to tell your wife your going out for a 'quick ride'. That way you have the feeling of impending doom hanging over your head to keep yourself from slowing down.


wang

 
At Tuesday, 26 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just remember...muscle weighs more than fat...so what is your body fat percentage? weight has nothing to do with it!

 
At Tuesday, 26 August, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me, I'm fat.

 
At Friday, 29 August, 2008, Blogger RonSmedley said...

It also helps to tell your wife your going out for a 'quick ride'. That way you have the feeling of impending doom hanging over your head to keep yourself from slowing down.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Me smart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net