Friday, July 11, 2008

Putter please.











Well I have taken it to the next level for fuel savings. My mom found an antique reel mower for me and I have been using it for about two weeks now. The first time was brutal since this thing cuts pretty short. As long as you don't try to cut wet grass and don't let it get too long it's really not bad at all.
My grass actually looks pretty nice now and resembles a putting green. This surely has put the neighbors into shock and I hope they don't think I'm doing it for their benefit.

4 Comments:

At Monday, 14 July, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you move too? or did you just totally remodel your house?... man that yard looks great!!! reel mowers cost around $120 new so i haven't picked one up yet. i don't spend that much on gas a year for my yard...yet goke

 
At Tuesday, 15 July, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

Welcome to the promised land. We've had our reel mower for about 4 years now and it does a great job. If you want a lighter mower that's a little newer and might have height adjustment, take a look on ebay. We paid $60 for a new mower on ebay and, as far as mowing goes, it's way better than paying for gas to cut grass and extremely reliable. You never have to worry about whether or not it will start. That likely has more to do with what the operator did the night before...

I wouldn't worry too much about what your neighbors think. I actually hope my neighbors think we're freaks for using a reel mower. It probably goes without saying that our collective neighbors think we're freaks for being "adults" and still riding bikes...

 
At Wednesday, 16 July, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my neighbors are old and still use them anyway...welcome to Orrville!

 
At Thursday, 17 July, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't concerned about my neighbors thinking I'm wierd for using a reel mower. I just don't want them to think that I actually take care of my lawn now.

wang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ages/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementByIdLocations of visitors to this page
www.coolcounters.net